Listos is a culturally appropriate Spanish language curriculum that uses the strengths and bonds within the Latino community to educate and prepare its members for emergencies or disasters.
Listos works because it is conducted in a teaching style that is approachable and non-threatening.
The program can be adapted to teach diverse vulnerable populations, such as the elderly, children, differently abled people, etc.
- We partner with organizations that are trusted by the target audience/community
- We use a culturally appropriate teaching style
- We tailor the materials to the needs and skill level of each particular group
- We introduce ﬁrst responders in a non-emergency situation, improving the relationship between citizens and ﬁrst responders
- We teach life-saving techniques